Project Home • Forums • Wiki • Known Issues • Screenshots • External Project Link • Contact Project
FlexXB is an open source library for Adobe Flex/Air applications that provides annotation based marshalling/un-marshalling of Flash objects in order to facilitate data communication between Flex UI and backend servers or to process various content.
The main objective of this library is to free the developers from writing ActionScript code to convert objects to and from a specifc serialization format. By using AS3 metadata tags (or annotations) on the object’s fields, the output generation and input parsing can be easily controlled, similar to what JAXB does for Java applications.
FlexXB is now serialization format agnostic and allows users to extend the engine and add support for different serialization formats (JSON, etc) while still sharing the base features such as object caching, circular reference handling, constructor annotations, id fields, version extraction. The advantage is that the base features are integrated by default with the new serialization context that defines the new format and one should only care about the actual AS3 object - ? conversions.
2.3.1 - 14.04.2012
- Fix: Issue 52 - escapeSpecialchars
- Enhancement: Issue 55 - Patch to support xsi:nil and XmlMember 'required' in serialization
- Fix: Issue 57 - XmlArray member cannot have different namespace to parent/alias
- Fix: Issue 59 - serializing arrays of types with CustomConverters doesn't work using "memberType" annotation
- Fix: Issue 60 - Can I deserialize derived type object to baseclass property?
Flash Player 9 or later
Flex SDK 3.0 or later
This project has an external bug tracker. You can find it here:
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.